Glance through to find basic information about modifying loans and how the process differs from refinancing, short sales, and bankruptcy.
- The Loan Modification Process
- Do You Qualify for Loan Modification?
- What is a Hardship?
- From the Lender’s Perspective
- Loan Modification Package Checklist
- Avoiding Loan Modification Scams
- Making the Right Choice:
Loan Modification, Loan Forbearance, Short Sales, Bankruptcy
- Loan Modification Scams
A video from the Federal Trade Commission
- The Obama Administration’s Making Home Affordable Homepage
Including extensive information on loan modification eligibility in Massachusetts, common questions, and preventing fraud
- Attorney General’s Page on Massachusetts Laws & Regulations
Including the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner – Banks Must Improve Loan Modifications, 07/2009
- Massachusetts Looks to Evaluate Lenders on Loan Modifications, 2008